Buffalo, New York
Service Technician – Recreational Vehicles
RV techs know a little bit about everything—electrical, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, etc. If you can do any one of these, we’ll teach you the rest! To get started as a new RV tech in our dealership, you don’t need specific RV experience. But you do need to be handy, dedicated, responsible and professional. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs who see the value in a good day’s work for good a day’s pay.
- Examine and diagnose RV problems
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or RV service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to RV service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to RV service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update RV service advisor regularly
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on RV care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring RV technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver's License
State Inspection License
Compensation is based on experience ($16-$25 per hour flat rate)
Earning potential from 40k-80k annually
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
For more than 50 years, the Colton family has been in the automotive business, specializing in motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheels, camper vans and tent campers. No other RV dealer in New York State can match our selection, service, and commitment.
Our outstanding reputation with manufacturers, suppliers and customers is what has allowed us to be an industry leader, and help us to continue to grow.
At Colton RV, we believe our greatest asset is our employees. We are looking for people that want a career, rather than just a job. If you can help contribute to the quality of our personnel and offer exceptional customer satisfaction, then we would like you to join our team.