Buffalo, New York
Detial Manager – Recreational Vehicles (Full Time)
Are you a clean freak? A problem solver? Ready to take your career to a new level? Then you may be a perfect fit for our growing dealership family. We need a Detail Manager who knows how to keep employees — and customers — happy. As our new Detail Manager, you will direct activities related to the detailing of client vehicles, coordinate with the service and sales department, and keep our operations and maintenance facilities in top working order.
- Monitor and maintain inventory and order make-ready supplies
- Note damage and notify service so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Recruit, interview, and train detail staff
- Review and evaluate detail performance
- Maintain department finances within parameters established by upper management
- Assure proper repair-order flow/maximize productivity
- Adhere to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Administer payroll for detail staff in cooperation with payroll department, securing approval from service director and general manager
- Enforce OSHA requirements, procedures and regulations
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Participate in operational planning
- Conduct weekly department meetings/attend weekly manager meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous detail experience is required.
About Colton RV
For more than 50 years, the Colton family has been in the automotive business, specializing in motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheels, camper vans and tent campers. No other RV dealer in New York State can match our selection, service, and commitment.
Our outstanding reputation with manufacturers, suppliers and customers is what has allowed us to be an industry leader, and help us to continue to grow. At Colton RV, we believe our greatest asset is our employees. YOU are the reason why customers choose Colton RV over the others in the industry.
$15-$18/hr depending on experience
Full time employees receive benefits; medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, holiday time off and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs on occasion. Ability to preform the job duties as described above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.